Below you will find publications, including documents, fact sheets, newsletters, articles, videos and resolutions related to the Global Alliance and chronic respiratory diseases.
Peer-reviewed journal publications on chronic respiratory diseases by GARD members
- Ferkol TW, Farber HJ, La Grutta S, Leone FT, Marshall HM, Neptune E, Pisinger C, Vanker A, Wisotzky M, Zabert GE, Schraufnagel DE; Forum of International Respiratory Societies. Electronic cigarette use in youths: a position statement of the Forum of International Respiratory Societies. Eur Respir J. 2018 May 30;51(5). pii: 1800278. doi: 10.1183/13993003.00278-2018.
- P.N. DeYoung, I.M. Mbanze, J.E. Orr, R.U. Banze, G.A. Muchanga, V. Govo, E.A. Nunes, A. Malhotra, A.A. Damasceno. A Prospective Observational Cohort Study of Sleep in People with Acute Congestive Heart Failure in Mozambique. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2018;197:A3964.
- Maheu-Cadotte MA, Cossette S, Dubé V, Fontaine G, Mailhot T, Lavoie P, Cournoyer A, Balli F, Mathieu-Dupuis G. Effectiveness of serious games and impact of design elements on engagement and educational outcomes in healthcare professionals and students: a systematic review and meta-analysis protocol. BMJ Open. 2018 Mar 16;8(3):e019871.
- T. To, J. Bouchard, L. P. Boulet, J. Brozek, J. Denburg, H. Schünemann, F. E. R. Simons, S. Waserman, P. K. Keith, I. Agache, C. Bachert, A. Bedbrook, G. W. Canonica, T. Casale, A. A. Cruz, W. J. Fokkens, P. W. Hellings, B. Samolinski & J. Bousquet. ARIA 2016 executive summary: Integrated care pathways for predictive, preventive and personalized medicine across the life cycle. Canadian Journal of Respiratory, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine. Published Online: 14 Feb 2018.
- Urrutia-Pereira M, To T, Cruz ÁA, Solé D. The school as a health promoter for children with asthma: The purpose of an education programme. llergol Immunopathol (Madr). 2017 Jan – Feb;45(1):93-98. doi: 10.1016/j.aller.2016.04.002. Epub 2016 Jul 27.
- R Stelmach and AA Cruz. The paradox of asthma: neglect, burden, and big data. J Bras Pneumol. 2017;43(3):159-160.
- Carreras G, Pistelli F, Falcone F, Carrozzi L, Martini A, Viegi G, Gorini G. Reduction of risk of dying from tobacco-related diseases after quitting smoking in Italy. Tumori. 2015 Nov-Dec;101(6):657-63. doi: 10.5301/tj.5000307. Epub 2015 Jun 12.
Published GARD Articles
- Arzu Yorgancıoğlu, Bilun Gemicioglu, Banu Ekinci, Zübeyde Özkan, Hasan Bayram, Begüm Ergan, Refika Ersu, Ali Kocabaş, Nurdan Köktürk. Asthma in the context of global alliance against respiratory diseases (GARD) in Turkey. Journal of Thoracic Disease. Accepted in Feb 2018. [Epub ahead of print].
- Alvaro A. Cruz, Paulo A. Camargos, Marilyn Urrutia-Pereira, Rafael Stelmach. Global Alliance against Chronic Respiratory Diseases (GARD) Brazil success case: overcoming barriers. Journal of Thoracic Disease, Vol 10, No 1 (January 2018).
- Öner Erkekol F, Köktürk N, Mungan D, Saçkesen C, Önen ZP, Özkan S, Balkan A, Ergün P, Kocabaş CN, Baran Aksakal N, Ekici B, Özkan Altunay Z, Gemicioğlu B, Yorgancıoğlu A. Assessing the knowledge in primary health care following an educational course structured in the context of GARD chronic airway diseases national control program. Tuberk Toraks. 2017 Jun;65(2):80-89. Turkish.
- Nikolai Khaltaev. GARD, a new way to battle with chronic respiratory diseases, from disease oriented programmes to global partnership. Journal of Thoracic Disease. Vol 9, No 11 (November 2017).
- José Rosado-Pinto, Pedro Carreiro-Martins. The global alliance against chronic respiratory diseases Portugal: 10 years of experience. Journal of Thoracic Disease. Vol 9, No 10 (October 2017).
- Nils E. Billo. Role of the Global Alliance against Respiratory Diseases in scaling up management of chronic respiratory diseases—summary meeting report. Journal of Thoracic Disease. Vol 9, No 8 (August 2017).
- Forum of International Respiratory Societies. The Global Impact of Respiratory Disease – Second Edition. Sheffi eld, European Respiratory Society, 2017. ISBN: 9781849840873; e-ISBN: 9781849840880. (Spanish) (Portuguese)
- Bousquet J, Agache I, Aliberti MR, Angles R, Annesi-Maesano I, et al. Transfer of innovation on allergic rhinitis and asthma multimorbidity in the elderly (MACVIA-ARIA) – EIP on AHA Twinning Reference Site (GARD research demonstration project). Allergy. 2017 Jun 10. doi: 10.1111/all.13218. [Epub ahead of print]
- Öner Erkekol F, Köktürk N, Mungan D, Saçkesen C, Önen ZP, Özkan S, Balkan A, Ergün P, Kocabaş CN, Baran Aksakal N, Ekici B, Özkan Altunay Z, Gemicioğlu B, Yorgancıoğlu A. [Assessing the knowledge in primary health care following an educational course structured in the context of GARD chronic airway diseases national control program]. Tuberk Toraks. 2017 Jun;65(2):80-89. doi: 10.5578/tt.53804. Turkish.
- Calderon MA, Demoly P, Casale T, Akdis CA, Bachert C, et al. Allergy immunotherapy across the life cycle to promote active and healthy ageing: from research to policies: An AIRWAYS Integrated Care Pathways (ICPs) programme item (Action Plan B3 of the European Innovation Partnership on active and healthy ageing) and the Global Alliance against Chronic Respiratory Diseases (GARD), a World Health Organization GARD research demonstration project. Clin Transl Allergy. 2016 Nov 23;6:41. eCollection 2016. Review.
Relevant publications by other affiliated organizations
- 9th IPCRG World Conference Newspaper – Porto, Portugal – 31 May – 2 June 2018 , click here for details